Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy Canada Day!/OK Blue Jays!





On Canada Day, my friend Leanne invited Phoenix, Keegan and I to the Jays game in Toronto. It ended up just being me and Phoenix, as Keegan came down with the flu on Friday night, and he spent Canada Day puking out of both ends :(

Phoenix was very excited about riding on the train into the city, and from the time we got on the bus (2:02 pm) until we exited the train (3:07 pm) he asked 47 questions! Inquisitive boy! When we got the the Skydome, oops, I mean Rogers Centre or whatever the heck it is that they call it these days, Phoenix got to ride on a giant inflatable slide, high 5 a guy on stilts, and pose with a stand-up of the BJ Birdie. Then he declared that he must have a snack before he fainted, so we hustled indoors and rounded up a bag of popcorn. He plowed through that. Then announced he was ready for a hot dog. Then urgently required ice cream! Gee whiz! I don't think he really cared about the baseball game itself. He was more interested in looking around, and waving his foam Canadian Flag that they gave him at the door. The promise of fireworks at the end of the game was enough to convince him to live through all 9 innings. Thank God there was the distraction of the dome roof closing to keep him occupied for about 20 minutes.

The Jays won (yay!) and the fireworks were great. Unfortunately, because we stayed to watch them, we missed our train by one minute (CRAP!!!) and had to wait an hour for the next one. So, I got a coffee and Phoenix got the biggest rice krispie square known to man, and we waited it out until the train arrived at 8:43 pm. We didn't walk through our front door until 10:00 pm, and poor Bunny was wiped! For the first time in recorded history, Phoenix slept in this morning, until 9:00! I couldn't believe it. I also couldn't enjoy it, since Keegan and Ty were up at 6:00.

Keegan was still feeling like crap today. He's barely eaten since dinner on Friday night. I hope he's better tomorrow. It is so unlike him to be so listless. Poor Keegers. Because Ty decided to voice his objection regarding my 9 hour absence yesterday, I was up with him for way too freaking long last night. As a result, when he took his morning nap at 10:00 this morning, so did I. We both crashed until 1:00. Sweet. I could have slept all day, I swear.

Well, I think I'm going to try to catch some zzzzzzzzzz's while I have the chance. Talk soon!

PS. Pictures are:#1: Phoenix on the train, #2: Phoenix with BJ Birdie, #3: Phoenix with Leanne and his bag o' popcorn, and #4 is Phoenix and I with our flags...

No comments: