Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What are you "fancfl" for?

Thanksgiving....turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. The best part of Thanksgiving for me lately has been asking the kids what they are thankful for.

At school, Phoenix drew a turkey, with handprints for tailfeathers, each listing a thing he was thankful for:

"I am fancful for...Canida, Water, Family, Frends, Trees, Life and Food".

Keegan's read "I am thankful for: turkeys."

I asked Ty what he was thankful for. He smiled, and said "Honey!" Thanks, babe.

What am I thankful for? My husband, my boys, my dad, my brothers, my great, great friends both new and old, my wonderful in-laws...I am thankful that after each day, I still am here to experience the next one. Spontaneous hugs and kisses. A letter in the mail. A genuine smile from passersby. For the worst of days that make me more appreciate the good ones.

For my life.

No comments: