Sunday, November 19, 2006

Birthday Round-Up


Well, all in all, an awesome birthday. I always love to hear what people got for their birthdays, so if you are one of those people as well, here is the sum and total of my loot.

From: Dad: $$
Paul (my brother): 2 Laurell K. Hamilton books
Mike(my brother): 4 bottles of Pop Shoppe Black Cherry Cola-my all time favourite soda-, a Chilly Willy t-shirt, and three pairs of chenille socks (one blue, and two pink)
Mama & Papa: $$
Mark: tickets to a show on Dec 5. Don't know what it is yet. It's a surprise!
Phoenix: black chenille sweater and DVD of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon (more for him, than me, but it's the thought...)
Keegan: red chenille sweater and the new Weird Al cd
Ty: CD Buddy Holly's Greatest Hits (which I've listened to so much that my kids go around singing "Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty Peggy Sue!")
Christy(my friend): baklava and a tea rest
Darra(my friend): home-baked pumpkin muffins-YUM-and hey, Happy Birthday Darra!!!
Leanne (my friend): dinner and a movie-we saw...um....the name escapes me. The new will Farrell one. It was really good. He was brilliant. Oh yeah! Stranger Than Fiction. See, my brain still works, even though I'm a year older!
Auntie Mo: beautiful china teacup & saucer, 2007 Herb Calendar and a new address book
Auntie Helen: the new Philippa Gregory book and a gift certificate for Chapters
Auntie Cathy: 4 martini glasses and an awesome penguin shaped martini shaker
Auntie Susan: a gold "Shannon" necklace, a la "Carrie-from-Sex-In-the-City" from her trip to Ireland
Lori (my cousin): a beautiful moss green chenille sweater and 3 pairs of black chenille socks (can you tell I'm into that fabric these days?)
Dana (my cousin-in-law): gift certificate to Kate's (where I have my hair done)

All in all, an awesome haul. Thank you all!!!!

Today was my and my Auntie Susan's birthday party. Usually we do a dinner, but this year we decided to do something different and had a tea party instead. It was great! Auntie Susan went all out, and the food was de-lish! Little sandwiches of ultimate decadence-yum! I tried my hand at scones, at they turned out really well. If anyone wants recipes, leave a comment and I'll e-mail them to you. I made spice ones (with cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg), lemon and cheddar. The spice ones were my favourite, served with wild strawberry jam and Devon cream. I also made a "Teapot" cake. It turned out really well; I was quite happy with it. I ended up doing an impromptu tea-leaf reading too, and that was fun. Altogether, a great afternoon.
**********************************************************************************
Mark went on a bit of a cleaning/reorganizing frenzy today. As a result, I now have four new shelves in the basement, a reorganized laundry area, and a MUCH tidier toy room. When he gets an idea in his head, he goes to town...now if I could only get him to magically make my closet bigger!

Well, day is done, gone the sun...and whatever the rest of that Girl Guide taps song says. Time to curl up with a cup of tea, and dig into one of my new books. TTFN!

No comments: