Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's A Bird! It's A Plane! Nope...Just My Lousy Computer...

ARRGHHH! Sometimes, I really hate computers. Like the one I am currently typing on. From day to day, I don't know if it will let me onto the internet. I have been without for a while. Today, it decided to work, so I thought I'd throw in an update while I can.

This week, I am gearing up my stress level preparing for our yearly trip to the cottage. It really is so much to organize. I mean, it's not that I just have to pack clothes for 5 people. I have to pack clothes for all weather, footwear for all weather, sunny day activities and rainy day activities. Playpen. Bedding. First aid stuff. Toiletries. Food, food, and more food. Toys. And on and on. I actually have three lists going, if you can believe it.

I thrive on lists these days. My memory is shot. Mark's is worse. If I don't write things down, they won't get done. I'll end up at the cottage and think, F*&%! I forgot a kid! So, I am list Queen this week.

I am putting off laundry, and therefore packing of the clothes, until Friday. I just can't seem to get motivated. I always have a great time when we're there, but I hate the lead time. Must be my inate procrastination. Always put off today, what you can find an excuse not to do tomorrow, that's my motto.

Keegs is still enjoying his summer program, and is doing quite well, I think. He is really starting to verbalize his needs and wants, which makes for a lot less tantrums around here.

I don't know how the weather is wherever you are reading this, but it is freaking HOT here. Like, lung-searing hot. Brutal. I cringe to think of the energy bill when it comes next. Can you say, Kraft Dinner for a month?

Anyway, I am feeling the blahs setting in. Need some chocolate. I do have a lot to vent about and news to share, but can't seem to focus my brain. I'll try again tomorrow.

If my computer lets me into Blogger, that is.

Later, taters!

PS Happy belated and upcoming birthdays to Spencer, Sophie and Brynn!



No comments: