Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!


Last, but not least, me at age 6. The caption on the back of the photo reads "Shannon all dressed up for a birthday party". I'm wondering now if it was a costume party. With that dress and those shoes, I look like Dorothy Gale!

And with that, Happy Birthday to me! All dressed up, and ready to go!

My girlfriend Leanne, from Rye High, is coming to see me today, and we're going for dinner and a movie (weather permitting...it's raining so hard that I may have to cash in my presents for an ark...). I'm looking forward to seeing her, as the last time we got together was 1 1/2 years ago, when Tyger was born.

Last night, someone asked me how old I was turning today. I quoted from a recently read book and said, "The same age as my tongue, as a few months older than my teeth." All kidding aside, today I am 29. Again. Shut up. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. I figure I can get away with it until Bun turns 10. I still get carded at the LCBO! So no comments from the peanut gallery.

2 comments:

Susan Dore said...

I loved your birthday countdown...lots of photos I hadn't seen before, and some that brought back memories. You were and are cute as a button! I wish I still had the tartan pants, they'd be right in style now. And I agree with you on the red shoes you wore when you were two...they were fabulous. I notice you also had red shoes at the age of six. Do you have some now?

Shannon said...

Hard to find red Mary Janes in a ladies 7.5...sigh...