Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Slacker!

Yep, that's me...Ms. Blog-Slacker...I used to be quite good at updating...maybe I haven't had much to bitch about lately. Yeah, right!

Let's see...boys are doing AWESOME at their swimming lessons. Last week was quite funny. Keegan was trying to blow bubbles and got a mouthful of water and was coughing. The swim coach says to him, "I hope you didn't swallow any fish! Get 'em out of there!" Keegan responded by looking her in the face, and spitting in her eye with a force to rival any chewing-tobacco hound. Mark and I almost died laughing.

We made our first family trip to Value Village on Saturday to try to pick up a 70's outfit for Phoenix for his dance-a-thon (which is tomorrow, I promise to post photos ASAP, honest!). We made quite a little score, actually. Picked up a great little DVD player for only $10, and a nice suede fringed cowboy jacket for the boys to play dress-up with. And of course, a funky maroon shirt for Phoenix to wear. To get into the spirit of the event, I will be dressing up in 70's attire as well, right down to the Farrah Fawcett flippy hairdo. Oh yeah, baby, I rock. (Or disco, as the event requires!)

Started watching a backlog of DVDs I've been hoarding for a rainy day. The series is called Popular. I think if I watched it when I was 16, I would have LOVED it. Now, I think, cheesy, oh yeah. Entertaining, you bet! I love those teen shows. I'm a sucker for them. And speaking of TV, Survivor is shaping up to be a pretty good season so far, don'tcha think?

Finally got my hair done last week, so I can blissfully wear my hair in a centre part for a maximum of three weeks before the white rears its ugly head again! Perfect for my Farrah do.

Oh, Mark got us tickets to go and see David Copperfield. The venue is a bit small to make wonders of the world disappear, but it should be quite fun. We've got fantastic seats! And now that I've finally weaned Ty (hurray!), I can have a guilt-free outing without the fear of let-down staining. Gross, I know, but a common occurance for nursing moms.

Thank you to all who supported Bun in sponsoring him for his dance-a-thon. With your help, he managed to raise $122 for the school. Not bad for a 5 year old. I've told him he has to dance for every dollar. I am bringing both digital and video cameras to the event, so hopefully I'll get some great footage and pix.

Well, time to go and rescue Mark from Ty, who has been sleeping on his chest for the last hour and a half, and is no doubt grossly sweaty. Ew....will post tomorrow with dance photos. TTFN.

PS. Took Ty for his 9 month check-up and he is now 19 pounds. Busy little bug; climbs stairs, pulls up on everything nailed down and is cruising around the furniture. Slow down brother! You move too fast!

1 comment:

Susan Dore said...

Hi Shannon, I'm glad you're posting again! Can't wait to see the pics of Phoenix discoing....get someone to take a shot of you in your Farrah do.