Thursday, January 11, 2007

Brief Crawling-Alongside-Death Update

It seems to me that people are in need of a health update from my corner of hell, so here we go.

Weekend before last: Hmm...I think I'm getting a bladder infection. Last weekend: I really should go to the clinic, this is pretty bad. Tuesday: Honey, I don't care if you are at work, I need to see a doctor and NOW! Was prescribed Macrobid. Tuesday: Oh my God the pain! Tuesday night: Fever tops out at 104.2 F. Wednesday morning: takes 20 minutes to pour my son a bowl of cereal because I keep blacking out and have to sit with my head between my knees. Stand up, blackout, repeat. This happened 9 times. Call my Dad and beg him to come watch my kids because I'm scared I'll drop the toddler on the stairs and kill us both. All day lie in coma on couch. Wednesday night: alternate between 50 blankets and convulsive shivering, and panting and dripping sweat on the back porch. Thursday morning (today): still feel like shite. Feel like barfing all day. Back is killing me. Went to Dr's and he confirmed that infection is no longer lurking in the bladder but is chomping away at my kidney. Apparently Macrobid does nada for kidney infections, which is why I still feel like crap. Gives me new antibiotic. Hope this one works for ya, har har! Bastard! Enjoy your freaking Yucatan Peninsula vacation next week...

Whoa. Run-on paragraph. Tsk tsk...

Sorry, but I can't update you on any other exciting family developments. It hurts my back to sit too long. Thanks for stopping by. And Jenny, I feel your pain, sista!

No comments: