Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bronchitis hell

Oh God! I'm in bronchitis hell! You know sometimes when you eat popcorn, and you get one of those little teeny tiny kernal husks stuck in your throat and you have to drink a can of Coke or cough for an hour to dislodge it? Well, that's what I feel like 24-7. Of course, this intensifies the minute I try to recline to any angle more than 90 degrees...so when I try to sleep, and end up coughing until I barf, or until I wake up one or more children. My stomach feels like I've done a million crunches! Hey, I'd put up with the coughing if it would show visible improvement to my abs...

Well, enough bitching I guess.

Hah, right? You believed me? Read on, friend.

I seem to have an evil laundry fairy living in my house. I'm sure you've heard of them before. They sneak into your house the minute after you've finished putting away the last clean sock. The next morning: BAM! 13 loads of dirty laundry...what the hell! Today I did 8 loads. EIGHT! No wonder my back hurts. (From carrying the basket upstairs 4 floors, not that I was doing wringer-washing by hand or anything, but still...it's heavy!)

My husband's band is playing in a show for charity on Friday night. He sings and plays bass. He also brandishes a cross of garlic at me when I come within less than 10 feet of him. He says it's because he doesn't want to get sick before the show and lose his voice, but honestly, I'm beginning to get a complex.

Well, I guess I'd better go fold the whites and put the towels in the dryer, and leave some milk and cookies out for the evil fairy (the bastard!)...

Oh, and a very Happy Birthday to my brother Mike, who today turns 36!

No comments: