Thursday, March 02, 2006

Teething Is A Bee-otch!

Poor Tyger! Seems he is getting three teeth at once, all on the top. Needless to say, this makes eating and even drinking a painful experience for him. Plus he has taken to waking the last few nights at about 2 am (when the Tylenol wears off) to tell me his considerable woes. On top of that, he has picked up a cold, and now sounds like a 90 year-old man with emphysema (sp?) every time I give him his bottle as he tries to drink and breathe through his clogged nose at the same time.

Keegan has been great the last couple of days. Listening (mostly...) for a change, and the tantrums have come down a few notches. He actually has started telling me when he has to go to the bathroom (I knew he'd come along eventually!), so that is a potty-step in the right direction.

On Tuesday I am taking him for behavioural testing ( this is where they test for stuff like learning disabilities or attention deficit problems) and I am quite nervous about it. It's scary to know that your child may have a problem. I just want to do anything and everything I can to help him out. I hope he has a good day that day, temper-wise. Although, if he does freak out, I guess we'd be in the right place, eh?

On a different tangent, it's roll-up-the-rim-to-win time at Tim Horton's. Nothing yet, but I remain hopeful for the cash or tv. Hell, let's face it, I'm generally happy to win a free coffee or muffin. But a big prize would be sweet! Especially since I'm there every night without fail. They think my arrival at Timmy's is more reliable than the mail. On the odd chance that I don't make it, they're all like "Oh Shannon (yes, we're on first name basis. It comes with being a regular) are you okay? Were you sick?" Nice to be missed, if only by the people who take my hard earned coins for hot beverages.

Well, I guess that I'd better scarf down a sandwich or something before the school run. Later!

No comments: