10 things I admire about children:
1. They still have the same energy level at 8:00 pm that they did at 6:00 am
2. Someone smiling at them makes their whole day, and provides fodder for a 20 minute story
3. They can complain of a stomach-ache, go throw up, and then go on with their day
4. A hug and kiss solves the worst of their problems
5. Sesame Street is considered must-see-tv
6. The ability to quote someone word for word on something they said 2 years ago
7. Belief in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy
8. Constant self-pride
9. How saying hi to another kid makes them an instant best friend
10. Most of all, how they can avoid punishment with a sweet smile, and an "I love you SO MUCH, Mommy!"
Ah, my boys. I love them so, even when they drive me bonkers. Even on the worst of days, one or all three can do something to make me feel happy. A kiss or hug in passing, an "I love you" out of the blue, or a simple giggle. I may bitch a lot here, but believe me, I count my blessings every day.
PS A very Happy Birthday to my Auntie Cathy!!!