Friday, October 20, 2006

What's Up With The Wonder Pets?


What a strange kids' show. And my children (Tyger included!) are addicted. A turtle (Tuck), a duckling (Ming Ming) and a guinea pig (Linny); classroom pets that are dedicated to saving baby animals in trouble across the world, using teamwork. Okay, good premise. The animation is a little creepy, with real-looking animals that are 2 dimensional and talk, and of course, break out into operetta at the slightest provacation. "The phone! The phone is RINGING! The phone! We'll be right THERE! There's an animal in trouble somewhere!"

This has led Keegs into bursting into song whenever the phone rings. (Actually, that part is pretty damned cute, so I don't mind). As I don't have TIVO or cable on demand, unfortunately this show isn't on when they want to watch it. So I came up with the brilliant idea of taping the episodes whenever they were on so in a Wonder Pets withdrawl situation, I would have one on hand. This backfired as I am now at the point where I have 2 hours of the show on tape, and I feel it is going to snap soon from such frequent replay. I am also at the point where I am singing everything. Mark does too, and he's rarely seen the show! It's like an episode of COP ROCKS around here!

Bonus? Well, at least it's a break from Transformers and Thomas the Tank Engine episodes...

No comments: